Reading turns a dull day into an adventure. Join me as I explore book covers and diaper covers in this brave new world of motherhood.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Holmes Inspection


The Holmes Inspection
Mike Holmes
Toronto: Harper Collins, 2008
224 pg


This book is like a security blanket. You know, the one you had to have every night before going to bed? Except you need this book every time you are going through the process of buying or selling a home.

If you're like me, you watch Mike Holmes on TV and are then thoroughly terrified that you are going to buy a piece of crap house and/or hire a terrible contractor, and not be able do afford to do anything about it. Since we just bought a house this week, I have vividly entertained these horror stories in my brain. The book helps. The book guides. It's like having Mike standing behind you with his arms crossed lecturing on minimum code.

The book is divided into sections of the house and outlines the good, the bad and the ugly. Things to watch out for, things to expect, and things that everyone should know about their own home. My favourite part is the checklist for each house feature (roof, basement, kitchen, etc.) to make sure your home inspector has looked at everything closely.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything and our house will be fabulous. Thanks, Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment