Reading turns a dull day into an adventure. Join me as I explore book covers and diaper covers in this brave new world of motherhood.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Michelle Hodkin
Simon & Schuster, 2011
464 pages

Mara can't remember what happened. Last thing she knew, she was competing for her best friend's attention, now three people are dead and she is the sole survivor. When the pain becomes too much to bear, Mara's family moves south for a fresh start - but Mara is still haunted. What happened at the asylum? Why do people around her keep dying? Is she going crazy? And why is the most unattainable guy at school suddenly interested in everything about her?

Good lord, this book knocked my socks off! I honestly can't remember why I picked it up, but I thought I was settling in for an angsty teen novel with a little bit of psychological thriller thrown in for good measure. I was wrong. It's amazing! While the book does indeed resemble a psychological mystery at first, by the end of the book I couldn't turn the pages fast enough and my thriller turned into a paranormal series opener that promises to garner a lot of attention from teen and adult readers alike! Enough said. I won't spoil it for you. Just read it.

Book Count: 35

No comments:

Post a Comment