Reading turns a dull day into an adventure. Join me as I explore book covers and diaper covers in this brave new world of motherhood.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Catching Fire

Catching Fire
Suzanne Collins
Toronto: Scholastic Press, 2010
400 pages

Why, oh why, did I wait so long to read this book? I loved The Hunger Games, once I came to terms with the horrifying nature of the world Katniss and Peeta live in, and actually own the entire trilogy, but hadn't got to the second and third books yet. I remedied that error this morning. Read the whole thing in pretty much one sitting. Even ignored my Christmas wrapping and decorating (If you know me, you know this is a huge deal.)

Against all odd, Katniss and Peeta have both survived the Hunger Games. Pretending to be in love, they have won over the citizens of Panem. The ruling body - not so much. Katniss' defiance of the government has created a spark that may lead to revolution - something President Snow wants no part of. But it is the 75th anniversary of the Quell, and there is a special tribute coming - one that sends Katniss and Peeta back into the horrors of the Hunger Games.

Read the first one. Then this. Then read the third one. Make a weekend out of it - you won't regret it!

Book Count: 16 read, 184 to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment