Reading turns a dull day into an adventure. Join me as I explore book covers and diaper covers in this brave new world of motherhood.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Power of Six


The Power of Six
Pittacus Lore
Harper Collins, 2011
448 pages


The first sequel to the popular I am Number Four takes on a refreshingly new voice with Number Seven, a girl hidden away across the globe from the characters in the first book. The story switches between Number Seven and her struggles in a nunnery in Europe and Number Four and his crew back in the United States. Ultimately their stories merge, setting us up for even more action in future novels.

While I understand the appeal of the alien race hiding on Earth, I did watch Roswell after all, I find these books to be a little bit familiar and predictable. Run, run, run - plot revelation with environmental overtones - run, run, run - battle with Mogadorians - run a little bit more - end of book. Don't get me wrong - I still want to read the rest of them to find out what happens, but in the grand scheme of things there are much better novels for teens out on the market .

Book Count: 12 down, 188 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment