Reading turns a dull day into an adventure. Join me as I explore book covers and diaper covers in this brave new world of motherhood.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Troublemaker 2

Trouble Maker 2
Janet Evanovich
Dark Horse, 2010
112 pages

It took me a surprisingly long time to get my hands on a copy of this book! The publisher quickly released a combined version of this story after the second hardcover was released, and I actually could not find it in local bookstores. Of course I ended up ordering it online to make sure I had a matched set for my shelves! Note to publisher: bad marketing strategy! First make us all buy them separately and then entice us with a combined, prettier edition. Works every time.

I love Janet Evanovich's characters. They make me laugh! Reading them in graphic novel form is just as hilarious as it is with the written word - sometimes more so as you can see their expressions when the boat blows up, the chicken destroys the car, and the dog really does eat everything in sight. Those moments are just a few tidbits of the wacky action in this novel. Hooker and Barnaby are trying to return a statue to its original owner, get Hookers boat back, and save the life of a friend. Add a little voodoo magic, and get ready for a lot of trouble!

Readers new to the Hooker and Barnaby story should start with the two novels Metro Girl, and Motor Mouth and definitely read Troublemaker 1 before launching into this most recent adventure.

Book Count: 15 down, 185 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment